Window Clings

Right now you can pick up a FREE Window Cling at Lakewood Vet Center (while supplies last!) for Fire Rescue Workers to know how to help your fur family in case of an emergency. These are some tips to keep your pets from accidentally starting fires: Keep pets away from lit candles. Animals are drawn to flickering flames and besides the risk of being burned, they can start a house fire if they accidentally knock the candle over. Never leave a lit candle unattended. Be careful with space heaters and halogen lamps, which can be easily knocked over by a pet and cause rugs and furniture to catch fire. Watch those dangling electrical cords! Cats love to bat them around and they can strangle or electrocute your pet, especially if chewed upon.